Seniors & Baby Boomers
Maybe you or a loved one are considering downsizing due to health or age related issues?
Wanting to move into a more active lifestyle without the constraints of home ownership and maintenance?
Maybe you just want to right size and age gracefully in your own place?
We are all unique individuals and have unique circumstances revolving around our home life as we age. You and your family deserve to have a Real Estate Resource Team that is working for you to provide a seamless transition when many wheels are turning at the same time. Sometimes decisions have to be made quickly and emotions are high. Other times, it’s an exciting decision to move forward into a new lifestyle and home environment. We absolutely want to be your RESOURCE REALTOR® team to provide you the information and resources to take you on your journey forward.
Our Mission Statement is to counsel the adult aging community and their families in real estate decisions as they navigate the physical and emotional complexities of a later in life move, utilizing our experience and network of professional resources to assist in all aspects of this process.
WHAT IS AN SRES®
A Seniors Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®), is a REALTOR® who is uniquely qualified to assist seniors in housing sales and purchases. The SRES® designation is awarded only to REALTORS® who have successfully completed the educational course on how to help seniors and their families with later-in-life real estate transactions.
What qualities make an SRES® different?
- Has knowledge, experience and compassion in dealing with senior issues.
- Works first and foremost with the best interests of the client in mind.
- Can suggest housing alternatives, including ones that may allow an aging parent to remain in the home instead of selling it.
- Takes a no-pressure approach to the transaction and has a strong service orientation.
- Will take the time needed to make a client feel comfortable with the complex selling process.
- Understands the emotional demands a sale can make on a senior, and tries to minimize them.
- Tailors the marketing of a home to the needs of an older client.
- Can interact easily with all generations, including seniors, adult children and caretakers.
- Is knowledgeable about local senior housing options and elder support services.
- Has a wide network of other senior-focused professionals who can assist in tax counseling, financial and estate planning, and other aspects of the sale and move.
Free Home Evaluation
Aging In Place
Aging in place is not a magic formula. Rather, it is a choice you can make. The official term describes it as a person living in the residence of their choice, for as long as they are able, as they age.
Right-sizing is the process of choosing a lifestyle that more closely fits you and your family. It can be downsizing or working with your existing space for better usage.
There are some important things to know about Reverse Mortgages, or also known as Home Equity conversion Mortgages (HECM). HECM’s allow you to convert equity in your home to monthly income.
Copyright Karen Harris Real Estate - 2020 - Site Designed by 800biz Ninja Marketing